10 INTERESTING FACTS FROM THE HISTORY OF SOCIAL MEDIABy firstname.lastname@example.org
1) We like to share the love. The average internet user has 7.6 social media accounts
2) 8 billion videos are viewed daily on Facebook.
3) 80 percent of Instagram users follow at least one business profile, and 200 million of those users are consistently checking in to see what their favorite brands are up to.
4) More video is uploaded to YouTube every month than the three major broadcasting networks created over the course of six decades.
5) 3 years, 2 months and 1 day – this is how long it took to go from the first tweet to the billionth. Now we’re tweeting 200 billion times per year.
6) Consumers that land on your site through Pinterest are 10 times more likely to complete a purchase than visitors that have come through other referrals.
7) 5 million brands are advertising on Facebook, a number that’s roughly equivalent to the population of Colorado.
8) Social media’s worldwide ad spend was $35 billion in 2017, accounting for 16 percent of all digital ads.
9) Sorry Snapchat, Instagram stories are 2 times more popular than you.
10) 91% of mobile Internet access is for social activities.